CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Tu fui, ego eris.

Translation: What you are, I was. What I am, you will be.


I never really pursued school the way I should have. I mean, REALLY pursued it. I completed a vocational school course to become a paralegal and have a few units at the friendly neighborhood CC, but as of yet I haven't persevered to get that elusive B.A./B.S. - mostly because I still haven't the slightest idea of what I wanna be when I grow up.

So. Some of you know of my postmortem plans, some not so much. Some really wouldn't care to.

I am donating my body to the University of Tennessee Forensic Anthropology Facility, aka "The Body Farm". Ever since hearing of this place a few years ago I've known that this is what I want to do. It's pretty rad - they place corpses in various environments (i.e. shallow graves, cement blocks, burned vehicles) to study all aspects of the remains (i.e. trauma, decomposition rate, entomology) for the bettering of science.

There can be a headstone somewhere in an actual cemetery, I guess, for those folks who may need a place to grieve (if they exist, heh). Come to think of it, I have always wanted one of those huge angel headstones with eyes that follow you as you walk by.

And engraved at the base, "Tu fui, ego eris."

Moral of the story: I'll make it into a university, eventually.

The Body Farm

More on The Body Farm

These people look like fun

ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more

0 comments: